Joan Crawford



































































































































































My obsession with Miss Crawford began when I was a child. She reminds me of my mother's glamorous wardrobe and her no nonsense attitude towards life and men. The difference between my mother and Joan is that my mother was not an alcoholic or a movie star (even though she should have been).

I think the book Mommy Dearest tarnished Joan's reputation. Every time her name is mentioned people automatically think of wire hangers and other kinds of abuse. The movie by the same tittle didn't help her image either even after death.

Some of her best quotes describe a liberated woman who didn't like bullshit. "I love playing bitches. There's a lot of bitch in every woman - a lot in every man." or "If you have an ounce of common sense and one good friend you don't need an analyst."