1. profound dedication; consecration.
2. earnest attachment to a cause, person, etc.
3. an assignment or appropriation to any purpose, cause, etc.: the devotion of one's wealth and time to scientific advancement.
4. Often, devotions. Ecclesiastical . religious observance or worship; a form of prayer or worship for special use.
5. ardent, often selfless affection and dedication, as to a person or principle.
"Everybody likes to go their own way-to choose their own time and manner of devotion." - Jane Austen